It's that's time of year when root vegetables are in season. But, like, how can we make them taste better? Riverdog included this recipe with the box a couple weeks ago and I tried it. Provided a nice twist.
- 2 lbs root vegetables including parsnips, carrots, turnips, celery root all cut in large matchsticks
- 1 T olive oil
- Zest and juice from 1 small-medium orange
- Salt and pepper to taste
Toss in ovensafe baking dish, bake at 375 until tender 35-45 minutes.
Garlic parsnip fries
- 1.5 lbs parsnips
- 2T oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2T parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced paper thin
- 1 T fresh rosemary, chopped (1 tsp dry, finely chopped)
Preheat oven to 425. Toss the parsnips in a bowl with the oil and garlic then add salt and pepper. Lay parsnips on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Keep the bowl for later. Bake for 20-30 minutes, turning with a spatula occasionally until it reaches the desired crispness. Remove from the oven and toss in the reserved bowl. Add the cheese, rosemary and additional salt (if needed).
Someone try this and tell us how it went.